WordPress can be overwhelming when it comes to the number of plugins it offers. There are tens of thousands of plugins available for the use of a website owner. Most of them are distinctive, whereas many are similar in terms of functionalities and features as well.
In this article, we are going to discuss the features of the ten Best WordPress Calendar Plugins. Before we jump to their features, let’s cover the basics first:
What Is A WordPress Calendar Plugin?
A WordPress calendar plugin adds a feature of displaying dates, upcoming events, conferences, and booking appointments on your website. There are plenty of similar plugins for the WordPress platform – some are free, but some you have to pay for. Free Best WordPress Calendar Plugins are used as a date displaying widget, whereas paid & premium calendar plugins perform advanced and complex tasks.
What Are The Features Of The Best WordPress Calendar Plugin?
The best calendar plugin depends on the type of site you own and the kind of features you’re looking for in a calendar plugin. It’s possible that the best WordPress calendar plugins for you may not be that good for others.
However, certain features can make a plugin to the club of the ‘Best Plugins for WordPress.’ Let’s discuss the most important features you should be looking for in a Best WordPress Calendar Plugins:
- It should have an interactive and user-friendly design.
- It should allow your customers to book appointments for your events or free dates seamlessly.
- It should display your availability to your clients and customers.
- It should be compatible with most of the WordPress Themes.
- It should have a user-friendly back-end.
- It should send automatic emails to all parties tagged in an event in case of any change.
- It should be highly customizable.
Now that you know what to look for in a calendar plugin for your WordPress site, let’s get down to business.
Top 10 Best WordPress Calendar Plugins (Free and Premium)
- HubSpot Meetings (Premium)
- The Events Calendar (Free)
- WooCommerce Bookings And Appointments (Premium)
- EventON (Premium)
- Events Manager (Free)
- Sugar Events Calendar (Premium)
- All-In-One Event Calendar (Free)
- Events Schedule (Premium)
- WP Simple Booking Calendar (Premium)
- 10. Booking Calendar (Free)
Now, let’s see why they are the best WordPress Calendar plugins:
1. HubSpot Meetings (Premium)
HubSpot Meetings is one of the best premium meeting and schedule calendars, which can be integrated through the WordPress HubSpot plugin. If you want to organize a successful meeting by keeping in touch with every team member involved, then this is the plugin that you will need.
The HubSpot Meetings’ most incredible feature is that it manages to store every essential data into a free CRM that you can open from your WordPress Dashboard. If a client books a meeting on your website through this plugin, their contact details will be synced with your Google Calendar, and you’ll get notified.
Some other features of HubSpot Meeting:
- You can customize an event’s link and share it with your colleagues or clients through different mediums.
- It is synced with Google Calendar and Outlook.
- HubSpot CRM is free to use with this plugin.
- It comes in free and paid versions.
- It can schedule meetings and book appointments through an embedded calendar on your website.
You can either use the freemium version of the HubSpot WordPress plugin or subscribe to it for $40 per month for the starters package. Please take note that you won’t be getting just HubSpot Meetings for this price, but the entire bundle of HubSpot WP Plugin.
2. The Events Calendar (Free)
The Events Calendar helps you to easily create a calendar based on the upcoming events on your website. The plugin revolves around the idea of event creation. It is easy, quick, and efficient. You can even export the event data from this plugin to Google Calendar and iCal.
The WP calendar plugin can be integrated with all of the top WP themes and optimized for mobile display.
Some of the other notable features of The Events Calendar:
- It is based on the ‘Plug & Play’ ideology. Just install the plugin, configure the settings, and start creating events.
- The speed at which you can create multiple events is exceptionally rapid.
- The calendar comes with a month viewer and tooltips.
- It can be integrated with Google Maps.
- Google Calendar and iCal exporting are easier than ever.
- It uses structured data and hence, is great for the SEO of your website.
- There are multiple stylesheets to make sure that you get improved integration.
The Events Calendar is free of cost, but you can also go for its premium version – The Events Calendar Pro ($89).
3.WooCommerce Bookings And Appointments (Premium)
For a WooCommerce website running on WordPress, the WooCommerce Bookings And Appointments plugin can turn out to be a powerful gamechanger. You can convert your products, services, or time into bookable resources with the help of this plugin. You can offer single-day booking, multiple-day booking, flexible bookings, recurring bookings, and many more.
Let’s check out some of its features:
- It provides a wide range of booking options to your customers.
- It also provides dynamic booking cost calculations in real-time. Based on a customer’s preferences, it generates an estimated cost that helps them continue with the booking.
- You can manage booking costs by setting up special booking rates, discounts, and waivers. You have unlimited rules to play with this plugin.
- It sends you emails and reminders as soon as a new booking takes place on your website.
- It allows booking cancelation by setting up a time limit by when it can be canceled.
- You can even introduce a buffer time in between two bookings.
- You can easily customize the calendar widget and make it look nicer on your website.
You can buy this premium plugin for $99 (single-site license). You’ll get a 30-days money-back guarantee along with a full year of support and updates.
4. EventON (Premium)
EventON is one of the finest WordPress Calendar Plugins available in the market right now. It is effortless to configure and has a dynamic design. If you want to promote your website’s events, this is probably the best plugin to do that. The entire calendar is searchable, hence making it easier if you are organizing multiple events.
Some prominent features of the EventON plugin:
- It offers a real-time live events calendar view. It automatically removes events that are completed and loads the next scheduled event on time.
- It includes event images that can be viewed through the calendar plugin.
- You can integrate Google Maps for the directions for each event.
- The search and sort feature works brilliantly.
- You can add live event animations and even share recorded event videos after it ends.
- You can customize the design of each event by assigning them with multiple colors.
- The Events’ ‘Tile‘ layout offers a much better design feature for the website visitors.
- Add unlimited images to your event to make a vivid gallery of images.
With 52,000+ sales, this plugin is one of the best calendar and events plugins for WordPress. It costs $25 for a regular license and $250 for an extended license.
5. Events Manager (Free)
Are you looking to add a free event calendar on your WordPress site? Events Manager is the solution that you’re looking for. This powerful calendar plugin can display your events using web pages, shortcodes, and widgets. You just need to create single or multiple events, fill up the description boxes, allow visitors to book tickets for the events, and you’ll be all set!
Features of Events Manager:
- Event management is extremely easy with this plugin.
- Event bookings, confirmations, cancelations, and other functionalities are simple enough to use effectively.
- You can add locations to your events and integrate them with Google Maps.
- By creating event tags and categories, the search functionality becomes relatively straightforward.
- Front-end submission allows your visitors or members to create events of their own without entering the admin’s dashboard.
- With Advanced user permissions and capabilities, you will have full control over who can add or edit an event on your website.
- The MultiSite feature allows you to share your event across your network of websites.
The Events Manager WordPress plugin is Free of cost. It also has a premium version, Events Manager Pro, worth $75 for one site.
6. Sugar Events Calendar (Premium)
Sugar Events Calendar WordPress plugin is a no-nonsense straight to point kind of plugin. It is neither too simple nor too complicated. It just offers the significant features you’d need to plan and schedule an event. It keeps the website lightweight by not pulling it down so much and is great for Search Engine Optimization.
Let’s see what it has got to offer:
- Sugar Calendar is developed to be a simple and lightweight plugin that gets the job done and without any fireworks!
- It is translation-ready with more than eight languages in its store.
- You can create recurring events with no difficulty. You’ll just have to set the recurring type: daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly. You can also set up the end date for when the event cycle ends.
- You can assign every event a category, which is called an event category. The calendar on your website can be configured to display categorized events.
- You can integrate Sugar Calendar with Google Calendar, Gravity Forms, Ninja Forms, and many other plugins.
The Personal version of Sugar Events Calendar comes at $29 per year for one site. If you want it to be on unlimited sites, you can go with the Professional version, which comes at $89 per year.
7. All-In-One Event Calendar (Free)
The All-in-One Event Calendar is designed and developed by Timely. It comes with a dash of beautification and style. The visual designs are pretty neat, and the calendar is relatively easy to manage. You can even export the event details from the calendar and share them on other websites as well.
Some cool features of this plugin:
- The calendar plugin is highly customizable with its looks. You can make it match your website’s environment and pattern in no time.
- All the essential WordPress calendar features are included in this plugin.
- You can embed Google Maps and iCal to let your visitors know how to reach the event venue.
- There is an Inline Calendar Theme editor that helps you personalize the calendar according to your website’s theme.
- The categorization is brilliantly done. You can color-code multiple events in the calendar to make them visually stylish.
All-In-One Event Calendar WordPress plugin is entirely free to use.
8. Events Schedule (Premium)
Events Schedule is one of the most versatile WordPress calendar plugins. It helps you in creating professional and elegant events on your website. There are twelve schedule styles you can choose from. Each of them has different designs and features.
Some essential features of the Events Schedule:
- It is a simple but powerful scheduling tool for WordPress.
- You can sell tickets and book appointments through WooCommerce.
- Twelve schedule types are more than enough to fit in any event plan.
- The visual schedule builder makes it remarkably easy to create schedules for events.
- It is compatible with 99% of WordPress themes on Theme Forest, Avada, Enfold, and Jupiter.
- You can add unlimited classes to your schedule and include call-to-action buttons for booking and cancelations.
- There are advanced filters in the plugin, which can make scheduling quite specific.
The Events Schedule WordPress plugin’s regular license is worth $39, and the extended license is $365.
9. WP Simple Booking Calendar (Premium)
WP Simple Booking Calendar is easy to use and one of the most lightweight best WordPress calendar plugins. The interface is user-friendly, and the design is eye-catching. It is responsive and can fit on any screen. This calendar plugin shows the availability of any service or time to your website visitors.
Let’s check some of the features of this WordPress Calendar Plugin:
- The design is fully responsive. It fits perfectly on all the screens and devices.
- You can create unlimited calendars for products and services. Each calendar can be dedicated to one product or service.
- The back-end calendar management is quite intuitive and easy.
- Check-in and check-out days can be displayed clearly on the calendar.
- You can customize the calendar using personalized legend items.
- The tooltips feature is available for the calendar. If a visitor hovers their cursor over a specific date, they’ll see the added information about that date.
- With the help of the bulk data editor, you can edit multiple dates with a single click.
You can buy the Personal version of the WP Simple Booking Calendar at $39 (1-site license)and the Business version at $69 (5 websites).
10. Booking Calendar (Free)
Booking Calendar is quite similar to the #9 plugin in this list, WP Simple Booking Calendar. It is one of the best free online booking and availability checking WordPress plugins for your website. You can put your resources (like cars, rentals, pieces of furniture) up for booking through this plugin. Visitors will be able to see the availability of these resources. Each of these resources will have a unique calendar to prevent double bookings.
Features of the Booking Calendar WP Plugin:
- Booking management has a variety of options to play with. You can duplicate your booking resources, add notes, export the details in CSV format, import Google Calendar bookings, sync bookings, and much more.
- You can design a booking form that your users can fill out to book something from your website.
- You can assign roles to different users on your WordPress site.
- You can integrate online payment gateways such as PayPal, Stripe, Wire Transfer, and others with the booking resources.
- You can set up auto cancellation and auto-approval for bookings – based on your conditions.
- You can even set different rates for different seasons with the help of the seasonal availability feature.
The Booking Calendar plugin comes with a fee, and with other premium versions that you can check out on their website.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best calendar plugin for WordPress?
HubSpot Meetings is the best premium calendar plugin, and The Events Calendar is the best free calendar plugin for WordPress. Hubspot Meetings comes with the Hubspot WordPress plugin and offers a wide range of features. The Events Calendar helps you to quickly create a calendar based on the upcoming events on your website.
Can you add a calendar to WordPress?
Yes, you can easily add a calendar to your WordPress site. You’ll need to install a calendar plugin for WordPress. Plugins like HubSpot Meetings, The Events Calendar, WooCommerce Bookings And Appointments, EventON, Events Manager, and more, you can add a calendar to your website.
If you want to promote your events and streamline the booking process, adding an events calendar on your website is a great idea. It will help you save some time and effort that would have otherwise been lost due to manual booking and conformations.
Even if you just want your visitors to check out your company’s happenings, a real-time event calendar is a must-have for you. We hope you have decided on the best WordPress calendar plugins for your website. If you are still confused, just try any of the plugins shortlisted since they were compared amongst thousands of other plugins.